Creamy Beef and Potato Bake. Add ground beef, cook and stir until the beef loses its pink colour. Whereas with potato gratin, the sliced potatoes tends to be packed more closely together so there's less creamy cheesy goodness with every bite. View top rated Creamy beef potato bake recipes with ratings and reviews.
Ingredients of Creamy Beef and Potato Bake
- You need 5-6 of potatoes peeled and thinly sliced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter (4 Tbsp), divided.
- You need 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 of zucchini, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1 pound of lean ground beef.
- You need 1/2 cup of prepared tomato pasta sauce.
- Prepare 2 cups of milk, divided.
- It’s 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of grated cheddar cheese.
Made simply with potatoes, heavy whipping cream, garlic, and spices. This recipe for Creamy Baked Potatoes proves, once again, that sometimes it is incredibly easy to put delicious food on the table. Hi Mari, baking potatoes will work here; just cut them into bite-sized chunks so they cook through. This is by far my favorite beef stew/beef bourguignon recipe I've ever made.
Creamy Beef and Potato Bake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- In skillet, melt 2 Tbsp butter and oil. Add potatoes and cook over medium low heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add zucchini, salt and pepper. Cook until zucchini is tender..
- Spoon vegetable mixture into 13 x 9 inch baking dish and set aside..
- In skillet, cook ground beef, onion and Italian seasoning together until ground beef loses its pink colour. Drain any excess fat from ground beef. Stir in tomato sauce and 1/2 cup of the milk..
- Spoon meat mixture over the vegetable layer in the baking dish..
- Melt remaining butter, stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in remaining milk. Cook and stir till sauce comes to a boil and thickens. Reduce heat and stir in cheese till melted. Pour sauce over meat layer..
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving..
- Serve and enjoy!.
The recipe made my stew pretty thin, not the thick and creamy texture I wanted, so I added a little corn. Chicken and veggies in a creamy sauce topped with crispy potatoes. My Creamy Chicken and Potato Bake is a whole meal in one dish! Kind of like a creamy chicken, carrot and spinach casserole, topped with potato gratin! Spicy Beef and Potato Gem Nachos.