Baked ziti. Baked Ziti – classic Italian American comfort food of pasta baked with sausage, tomato sauce and all kinds of gooey, yummy cheeses. Layered PAM sprayed Pyrex baking dishes like so. Baked Ziti is so much more than just a Bolognese pasta bake….
Ingredients of Baked ziti
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef (or turkey).
- It’s 1/2 lb of mild italian sausage.
- You need 1 can (24 oz) of spaghetti sauce.
- It’s 1/2 of onion (diced).
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic (minced).
- Prepare 16 oz. of mozzerella (shredded).
- Prepare 16 oz. of rotelle pasta.
- You need of Salt/pepper.
- It’s of Parmesan cheese.
Baked Ziti Is Lasagna's Chill, Laid-Back Cousin. Lasagna and baked ziti share a lot of the same ingredients, but I find that baked ziti is a lot easier to throw together and serve. The best recipe for baked ziti casserole. This easy baked ziti recipe is made with homemade marinara sauce, creamy ricotta, basil, and lots of mozzarella cheese!
Baked ziti step by step
- Bring pan of water to boil. Add salt and pasta..cook until they have a little bit of chew to them still 8-10 min. Drain and return to pan..
- Brown sausage with a little bit of olive oil. Remove from pan..
- Add onion to drippings from sausage, saute. Add garlic just before onions are done..
- Add ground beef to onions and garlic, brown and then drain fat. Return to heat and add sausage and sauce. Let simmer.
- In baking dish coat bottom with sauce, add layer of cheese followed by a layer of pasta.. Repeat until all is used..top with a final layer of cheese and parm..
- Bake at 350°F for 20 min. Cheese should be melted and slightly golden brown..
- Serve and enjoy!!!.
I turn to this easy baked ziti recipe anytime I'm serving a crowd. This Baked Ziti is a classic Italian-American comfort food! It's easy to make, perfect for a weeknight meal or a special occasion. Tender pieces of ziti noodles, delicious meat sauce. Baked Ziti is a classic baked pasta dish.