Scratch Spaghetti and Cheese Stuffed Meatballs.
Ingredients of Scratch Spaghetti and Cheese Stuffed Meatballs
- You need 1-28 ounce of petite diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1-28 of whole peeled tomatoes.
- It’s of Fresh cilantro ,basil and parsley.
- You need 1 of onion diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of red pepper diced.
- It’s 1/2 of green pepper diced.
- Prepare 3 pounds of hamburger meat.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of vinegar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of hot sauce.
- Prepare Dash of sugar.
- Prepare of String cheese.
- It’s of Shredded cheese.
- It’s 1-14 ounce of crushed tomatoes.
Scratch Spaghetti and Cheese Stuffed Meatballs step by step
- Add everything but hamburger meat and half onion to pot or crockpot . Season at this time really well remember it's from scratch.. I like Lots of garlic also use salt and red and black pepper and of course Italian seasonings. Fresh herbs are great in this dish but any seasonings you prefer will help flavor the sauce.
- When adding can of whole tomatoes chop or crush in smaller pieces but bigger than the diced can… Like this.
- In separate frying pan brown and drain 1/2 of meat. (Other half for meatballs)..Season with salt pepper and garlic and return over heat for few minutes to sear flavor in. Should look like this drained grease and season top return to heat few minutes 3-5 till nice and brown and flavored seared in.
- Now add cooked meat to sauce and simmer on low for at least hour or put on crockpot on low for the day or you can simmer on a low all day in a pot as well… Longer and slower the better!!.
- Now we start the meatballs add the other half of meat and half of onion to bowl season well and mix together.
- Now slice two string cheeses about an inch thick(I've tried other cheeses but these work best for stuffed meatballs.
- Now roll up meat and pat into meatballs make sure they all are same size so they cook the same …make pockets in meatball and stuff with sliced string cheese.
- Roll meatballs to seal shut and place on baking sheet in oven for 375.
- Halfway thru their cooking time about 15 minutes the will start to get a brown color remove from oven and flip meatballs over .. The color will look like this with hamburger grease starting to develop under the balls.
- Return to oven until meatballs are a brown color all over approximately 15 minutes . Remove from oven place in baking dish spoonful some spaghetti sauce and sprinkle with cheese and place back in oven.
- Cook spaghetti according to directions.
- When noodles are done strain in strainer and rinse with cold water . Put back in pot you boiled in and add about 4 tablespoons of butter and drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil to keep from sticking I also add salt and garlic to noodles.. Mix well.
- Now it should be time to remove meatballs they will look like this and be browned throughout.
- If like a thick sauce add a small can of tomato paste.