Meatball stuffed shells. Stuff shells with ricotta mixture and meatballs and arrange in dish, then spoon over remaining marinara. Stuffed shells are a favorite of mine, but oddly not something I make very often. A wonderfully simple and delicious week night meal.
Ingredients of Meatball stuffed shells
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 lb of ground pork.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Parmesan grounds.
- You need 1 cup of bread crumbs (Italian is best, or add your own seasoning).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Finely Minced dried onion.
- You need 2 tsp of garlic (or 2 cloves).
- It’s 1/4 cup of parsley.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need of For ricotta mix—.
- You need 15 oz of ricotta cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of basil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of parsley.
- Prepare 1 cup of Parmesan cheese (grated).
- It’s 1/4 cup of mozzarella (for ricotta mix).
- Prepare of Jumbo shells (prepared according to box).
- You need 24 oz of Marinara sauce.
- It’s of Parmesan (grated, for top).
- It’s of Mozzarella (for top).
They're quick and easy to I've served these meatball stuffed pasta shells on so many different occasions and they're a huge hit. These stuffed shells are sure to change the game when it comes to pasta. Enjoy the delicious flavors of these Meatball-Stuffed Shells for mealtime. Swedish-style meatballs, lightly flavored with nutmeg and allspice, are stuffed inside jumbo pasta shells and then cooked in an irresistibly creamy sauce.
Meatball stuffed shells step by step
- Have your noodles prepared, and then set in cold water..
- Preheat oven to 475..
- Combine first 8 ingredients (meatballs).
- Get a large cookie sheet and a cooling rack prepared (light spray).
- Roll balls and then place on 475 for 10 minutes..
- Pour half marinara into bottom of baking dish..
- Mix ricotta, add about 2 tsp to each noodle, and then place a meatball inside it. Continue to line pan with meatball stuffed shells..
- If you have any left over ricotta mix, spread it on top of full dish. Pour rest of marinara on the top, spread, then top with Parmesan, and mozzarella cheese..
- Bake on 475 until sauce begins to bubble (about 10minutes).
Place a meatball in each shell; transfer to baking dish. Meatball Stuffed Shells – easy weeknight pasta casserole! Fill pasta shells with frozen meatballs and top with sauce and cheese. Mix vigorously until a soft meaty stuffing is formed. Form heaping spoonfuls of stuffing and gently place them inside cooked pasta shells.