Pasta Salad. A stupidly easy Italian pasta salad with rotini, juicy tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, red onion, salami, olives, herbs, and a drench of quick homemade Italian dressing. Pasta salad (Pasta fredda) is a salad dish prepared with one or more types of pasta, almost always chilled, and most often tossed in a vinegar, oil, or mayonnaise-based dressing. It is typically served as an appetizer, side dish or a main course.
Ingredients of Pasta Salad
- You need 1 (16 oz.) of Box Rotini pasta.
- Prepare 1 head of broccoli florets.
- You need 1 pack of grape tomatoes halved.
- You need 1 of cucumber, seeds removed, diced fine.
- Prepare 1 of bell pepper diced.
- You need of Green onions sliced.
- It’s 1 can of large black pitted olives, sliced.
- You need 1 of bottle, about 10 greek peppers, whole (peppercinis).
- Prepare 1 block of colby cheese cubed.
- You need 1 block of pepper jack cheese cubed.
- You need 1 of ham steak cubed.
- Prepare 1 bag of mini pepperonis.
- You need 1 packet of Good Seasons Italian seasoning mix.
- You need Pinch of white sugar.
- It’s 1 (24 oz.) of bottle olive garden creamy Italian dressing.
The ingredients are simple and flexible, so you can make this when you are inundated by summer produce or you can adapt to what's in season in the fall and winter. Italian pasta salad is one of my favorite cold pasta salad dishes! Fresh and colorful vegetables, cheese, salami, and Italian vinaigrette are tossed with your favorite pasta to create an unforgettable. Learn the best pasta salad recipes that are great for summer cookouts and events or a year-round side dish with this helpful guide.
Pasta Salad instructions
- Boil pasta according to directions and drain then run cold water over pasta to cool, drain again and set aside.
- Put together entire ingredients into large mixing bowl (except the pasta and bottle dressing) turning to mix.
- Add pasta and bottle dressing and turn in bowl with spatula until evenly coated, I also add some juice from the pepper jar.
- Cover and place in fridge…at least 2-3 hours to marry the flavors Overnight is better.
- After taking out of fridge, give it a toss and serve !! 😋.
- I like to add a little grated parmesan or feta cheese on top maybe some sunflower seeds or bacon bits but that is completely optional ENJOY !!.
- Double this recipe for several people 😋😋😋😋😋😋.
This Pasta Salad Recipe is full of fresh summer veggies, features roasted baby tomatoes, and is tossed with a homemade dressing that is out of this world! I love pasta salad, but taking my Greek Salad recipe and adding it to pasta is my favorite when I want a light pasta salad with no mayo. You'll want to whip these up every chance you get. A summer picnic, potluck, or barbecue — these easy pasta salads will be your go-tos. Chickpea Pasta Salad in a Jar.