The Best Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs. This spaghetti and meatballs recipe is sure to be a winner with your family. Because it's made healthier with whole wheat spaghetti and turkey They turned out to be the best Instant Pot spaghetti and meatballs I have tried! This pasta is saucy and delicious.
Ingredients of The Best Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs
- You need 1 lb of Ground Turkey.
- It’s 1 cup of Italian seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, diced.
- You need 1 of egg white (or whole egg).
- Prepare 2 packages of pasta roni pasta (I used chicken brocolli, and garlic parmesian flavors).
- You need 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- You need 2 cups of marinara sauce.
- You need 1 package of mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare of seasoning pepper.
Spaghetti with Turkey Meatballs. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Drain and return to the pot. Toss with some of the sauce, then divide among bowls. Top the spaghetti with the meatballs, the remaining sauce and more parsley and parmesan.
The Best Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs step by step
- Assemble your meatballs in a large bowl by mixing together ground turkey, Italian seasoned breadcrumbs, egg yolk and Minced onion until it forms a consistent mass. Take out a small amount (smaller than the size of your palm) and roll into balls..
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees, cover a baking sheet in tinfoil, spray it with cooking spray and arrange your meatballs over top being sure to give enough room for each of them. Bake for 15-20 minutes until they become crispy and brown on the outside..
- In a stovetop saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add dry pasta from packages and mix to coat the pasta in butter. Cook for 1 minute or less making sure to stir so no pasta strands get burnt. Add water and continue cooking until all water is gone..
- In a separate stovetop pan, heat olive oil over medium heat, add mushrooms then coat with another tablespoon of olive oil. When mushrooms release all their liquid, drain the pan and add your Minced garlic. Continue cooking until mushrooms are your preferred doneness..
- When almost all the water is gone from the pasta pan, add in the seasoning that came in the box and mix well. Continue cooking until sauce coats the pasta and then add it to the dish with the sautéed mushrooms. Mix well..
- Add marinara sauce over top of pasta/mushrooms and cook on medium-low heat until the sauce thickens around the pasta. Continue stirring until pasta is ready..
- Remove meatballs from oven, and let them rest for 5 minutes before serving. Add meatballs over top of pasta, and enjoy!.
I have never found a turkey meatballs recipe that I really liked that much, until I tried these! The addition of the spices and my homemade spaghetti In a bowl, combine everything except the turkey and mix well. Add the turkey and blend (works best with your hands). Form small balls of the meat. Tomatoes are a top plant source of umami, and the riper they are, the better: The fruit's umami components increase during maturation.